This very recent article has some great Facts, in addition to suggestions, on keeping workplace bathrooms clean. Urinal Fly toilet stickers aren’t mentioned, but make a great preventative against filthy bathroom flooring, toilets, and urinals. Enjoy!
Clean restrooms in an office setup have a positive effect on both the visitors and staff. Most company staff and visitors associate dirty bathrooms with poor management. Considering that restrooms are among the much-reported problems in big facilities, establishing a process that makes sure that your toilets are pristine 24/7 is a massive priority.
Restroom cleaning doesn’t need to be a daunting task when done the right way. But, even some janitor service companies don’t fully provide. Check out these ways to keep your office bathroom cleaner.
Signs Your Restroom Cleaning Isn’t Effective
Here are some ways to identify whether or not your present restroom cleansing practices are keeping things up to level.
- Dirt, smudges, and dust around the doorknobs
- Streaks, wetness, smears on bathroom mirrors
- Bathroom floors are filthy
- Unpleasant odor from your bathrooms
- Running from paper towels, soaps, and other bathroom supplies often
- Overflowing trash cans and garbage accumulating on the floor
- Sinks have grime and soap around the rim and at the bowl
- Sanitary disposal containers are complete, damaged, or broken
The Impact of Dirty Restrooms on a Company
Before talking about the nitty-gritty of cleaning a bathroom, here are reasons why you need to care about the cleanliness of your business washrooms.
- Client experience. Many small business owners believe people not returning to their own business because of improper restroom cleaning is merely a problem for food stores and restaurants. But, consumers do take notice and this may affect their prognosis of the facility. With the usage of social media, unhappy clients could spread a negative note about your shops, which would adversely affect your business. Frisco office cleaning company helps you maintain hygiene in your restroom to improve your client experience.
- Healthy and safe. Research uncovered more than 77,000 different kinds of germs after swapping four restrooms. As scary as this number is, the proper tools and products may help to remove this matter. A dirty bathroom can also be a significant safety hazard, by way of example, a slippery floor could easily cause accidents.
- Failing to carry out regular check-ups can lead to unnecessary high repair costs. For instance, clogged toilets cause inconvenience and require expensive plumbing fixes. Poorly cleaned floors may be damaged and might require replacement.
Best Restroom Cleaning Practices for Managers
To make sure that a facility’s washrooms are clean, it is significant that building managers listen to the following.
- Provide quality, restroom cleaning products. Offer housekeeping with cleaning materials that will not leave things such as streaks on the mirrors or fittings. The products should be tough on grime and dirt but at precisely the same time, not harsh or corrosive on washroom surfaces.
- Create cleaning logs. This will help to make sure every employee understands when their turn for cleanup is and what task they should handle. A cleaning record also gives any outside cleaning staff a track of what’s been done and hasn’t so they could go over and double-check.
- Install automated solutions. To reduce the spread of bacteria in the toilets, introduce self-flushing toilets, soap dispensers, and movement sensor dispensers and taps. You can even install smart dispensers that alert you of low soap levels and hand dryers!
How To Maintain Your Restrooms Clean
The most certain way to keep the toilet clean is by breaking the restroom cleaning strategy into various components.
Here are 3 tips that can help your bathroom is always spotless.
- Routine Spot Cleaning
If you are running a large business, you are going to want regular spot cleaning throughout the day. It’s usually a fast wipe down in cluttered and significant spots that are done at different times of the day. Staff can help to ensure supplies don’t run out, soap dispensers are fully stocked, and wipe the sinks.
- Daily Restroom Cleaning
Daily cleaning is more comprehensive than spot cleaning and it’s done when there is less traffic in the restrooms. If you run in a crowded area, you’ll want to close the bathrooms to the general public during these hours.
The cleaning should include:
- Restock supplies such as soap, hand towels, and toilet paper
- Emptying all trash cans
- Sanitize the sensitive bathroom places. These are areas which are readily infected by viruses, bacteria, and germs. The hot spots consist of light switches, urinals, restroom doors, changing stations, and toilets.
- Disinfect all surfaces with a disinfectant
- Vacuum or sweep the washrooms to pick extra dirt
- Mop the floor to make it clean and eliminate puddles
- Deep Restroom Cleaning
This cleaning is more comprehensive than daily cleaning and it should happen in set time frames for example two to three weeks. The duration will depend on the number of visitors to your restroom daily.
Like daily cleaning, this type of cleaning should also be done on off-peak hours. Here are the activities which should be achieved during a bathroom deep cleaning.
Wipe down the Whole toilet and frame to remove fluids and soil
- Dust the ceilings, corners, fans, door frames, vents, and baseboards
- Scrub floors using cleaning and waxing machines. Although this might be an excess business investment, it is going to pay off for flooring maintenance for the whole building
- Handle any repairs which are required, such as broken fittings
Do You Want to Know More on Restroom Cleaning?
Whether you are running a commercial business or you are a retail business, the cleanliness of your bathrooms speaks volumes about your center. You want to be known as a business that cares about the health and security of their employees as well as customers. One effective way to do so is by handling restroom cleaning correctly.
Don’t ruin your company name or shed your loyal clients over something you can easily control. To get your baths clean, safe, and sparkling more often, check out Janitorial Services’ facility cleaning solutions today.