Did you know that your home’s air quality is less than you think? This may surprise you. If not cleaned regularly, your air ducts can become one of the biggest sources of dirt and dust in your home. It’s almost like sweeping your house and then putting all the dirt back on one of your carpets.
There are a few reasons why you should clean your ducts regularly
It is important to keep your air filters clean. But if you aren’t convinced, here are seven reasons why you should.
- Dust Production – An average family produces nearly forty pounds of dust each year. This does not include the dust, pet hair, mold, or dust that blows in through open windows. If you don’t clean your air ducts, most of the dirt won’t go out and stay in your home. This can be a nightmare for allergy sufferers. Cleansing your air ducts will make the air healthier and prevent you from getting respiratory diseases like asthma.
- Rats – Rats and other vermin enjoy living in dirty places. Dirty air ducts can look like prime real estate for a rat, and could lead to poor air quality. Their strong odors and fur can trigger allergic reactions and contaminate food. They can also cause a stench and spread viruses through your air ducts if they die. Regularly cleaning out your pipes is the best way you can avoid having to share your home or be bitten by vermin.
- Bugs – Your air ducts could be home to a variety of unwelcome creepy crawlies, especially in winter. You could attract spiders. Some of these are venomous and can be dangerous to your health, including the giant moth, millipedes, and mosquitoes. The worst thing these insects can do is to surprise you when they crawl out of the woodwork. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean we want them in the homes. Important to note that if there are many insects in a particular area, it is likely that they will attract lizards. If the problem gets worse, then there is always the possibility that you might attract a snake that has an appetite for lizards.
- Many people don’t clean their air ducts – Even the people who bought your house from. This applies to all the previous owners of your house. This means you are not only inhaling the contaminants that have built up since you moved into your house, but also the cumulative buildup of contaminants over many other people. It is possible to inhale decades-old traces of dirt and muck. You could be infected by bacteria they infected during their lifetime.
- Mold – Many people are familiar with dealing with mold outbreaks in their homes, especially in basements and attics. This is more common in humid, damp areas. However, it can happen anywhere. But there’s something many people don’t think about. Mold removal is not enough to solve the problem. The spores may have already entered your air ducts. This could cause mold growth in your home or in the ducts. You could also be inhaling these spores.
- It’s impossible to keep your home clean – Dust loves to settle. It may take a while for the dust to settle in the air. If your ducts don’t get cleaned properly, it means there’s more dust in the air and this will settle on your floors, walls, furniture, and other surfaces. You will find that almost all your stuff is covered with dust and other impurities. This means that cleaning never ends.
- Your Duct Filters Function in a Similar Way to Your Lungs – It is well-known that second-hand smoke can be harmful to your health. Consider that your lungs don’t completely lose the impurities from smoking and that the filters in the air ducts in your lungs work the same way. You could inhale second-hand tobacco smoke even after you have snuffed out the cigarette. The residual smoke in your air ducts can remain there for many weeks.
Duct cleaning is part of home maintenance
Although cleaning your air ducts may not be something most homeowners consider as part of their home maintenance routine, it is an important step to ensure your family has cleaner air and a healthier lifestyle. We at air duct cleaning Mckinney tx provide complete air duct and vent cleaning services in Texas and surrounding areas.
Organic Home Service services all of Dallas. We specialize in Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Chimney Cleaning, Restoration Services and more. As an Eco-friendly company, our cleaning products are all organic and we never use harsh chemicals.