A commercial sink can be used daily in a restaurant. There are many sizes available, from a small single-use commercial sink to a large commercial triple sink. A seasoned restaurateur will put more thought into their sinks than a first-time homeowner.
These people know how important a kitchen sink is and how it will play a key role in their daily operations.
This guide will help you choose the right commercial sink. This guide will cover the most common sink materials and types to help you select the right one for your restaurant’s cooking area.
How to choose a commercial restaurant sink
Are you looking for a commercial stainless steel sink or another type? What parts of a sink should you be looking at? What type and gauge do you need for your sink? This article will help you choose the right sink for your restaurant.
Let’s begin with the gauge at the sink and move on.
Commercial Sink Gauge
Sinks will be subject to a lot of abuse. Over time, your sink will experience intense wear and tear. Although it may not be the most important decision you make, the gauge of your sink is an essential part of the decision-making process.
The sink will be thicker if the gauge is higher.
For a restaurant, the standard gauge is 14-16. The following factors will help you choose the right one.
- Use. A 16-gauge stainless sink is best if you plan to use the sink for 24 hours.
- You Need. An 18-gauge option or higher may be preferred for industrial use.
For commercial restaurants, a 16-gauge option will suffice. You should choose this or a higher gauge. You should not go below this gauge.
The purpose of the sink
The majority of people don’t consider the usage of a sink faucet other than that which produces water. There are many options for sinks depending on what you use.
- Bar sink – These underbar sinks can be used in small spaces. They can be placed underneath a countertop or bar. These compact models can be used in small spaces.
- Mop Sink: These sinks, also known as janitorial sinks, are used for both utility and service. These sinks are what keep chemicals out of your food.
- Hand Washing basin: Strong and made of stainless steel. These sinks can be either portable or stationary and are made for handwashing.
- Sink bowls – An under-mount or drop-in option that allows for you to personalize your sink and create your own space.
- Prep Sink: A sink used for preparation work. These sinks can be the same size or similar in size as other sinks but they are designed for prep work to facilitate a smoother prepping process.
- Soaking basin: Allows larger items to soak overnight, making it easier to remove stuck-on food items.
- Multi-purpose versatile and commercial double sink. It can also be used as a triple-sink wash station or a commercial double sink. These models allow you to easily designate specific sections of the sink for different jobs.
Knowing the purpose of your commercial sink will help you narrow down your options and make a better choice. Talk to your chef or anyone who will assist you in the kitchen to determine the best sink option for you.
Space Requirements and Demands
Your commercial stainless steel sink must be able to fit into your space. A 2 bowl stainless steel commercial sink may not be possible in smaller kitchens. Measure the space to determine where the sink will fit.
Before you make a purchase, it is important to understand the space requirements of each sink.
If you need help with your kitchen remodel, a plumber can assist you. When shopping for a new kitchen, make sure you measure twice.
Models that Save Water
The right sink faucet can help you conserve water. You’ll use a lot of water if you run a commercial company. Water conservation is both environmentally friendly and can help you save money.
The sink will not save water, but the faucet you choose will.
Low-flow models could save you thousands on your utility bills. A low-flow model will also reduce the risk of splashing.
Two Compartment Commercial sink
If you don’t have the space for a 3-compartment commercial sink, dual compartments can be a good option. These models are great options if you need more space for dishwashing.
You’ll have to browse through all the sinks available and choose one that meets your needs.
Three Compartment Commercial Soap
A triple-compartment sink is a great choice for restaurants, as it can be used if a commercial dishwasher has to be repaired. These sinks have three compartments, each one for a single purpose: wash/rinse/sanitize.
These sinks, while more costly, are multipurpose and can be used to create a functional, sturdy kitchen.
Codes and laws local to the area
Commercial kitchens are subject to local laws in each state and city. If you do not follow the local codes, inspectors will visit your kitchen and issue citations. A 3 bowl stainless steel commercial sink may be required that you can wash, rinse, and sanitize dishes.
Also, handwashing sinks are required. It is important to adhere to hygiene standards. Employees must wash their hands after handling different types of food.
The right commercial kitchen will enable you to comply with local laws and provide the best possible service to your customers.
You’ll be able to make your restaurant more functional by choosing the right commercial kitchen sink. We have a huge restaurant supply store in Dallas, so you can make purchases from there. It will also streamline the dishwashing process.
Main Auction Services, Inc. is a family-owned and operated company bringing more than 35 years of combined experience in the restaurant, foodservice and related industries to the internet sales marketplace. Main Auction Services offers a wide variety of quality, new and used restaurant equipment, kitchen supplies, appliances, furniture and decor.